What is Settlement Status?
This is the status which gives you complete freedom from immigration control.*
To apply for it, you will need to have lived in the UK continuously and lawfully for a specified duration of time, normally after 2 years, 5 years or 10 years depending on your status. Settlement is otherwise known as Indefinite Leave to Remain ("ILR")
The Benefits of Gaining Settlement Status in the UK:
- You will enjoy unrestricted entry to the UK, that is freedom from immigration control*
- You will be free to work within the UK without restriction
- You may be eligible to apply for naturalization (British citizenship) within a further qualifying period, giving you the full benefits of a British Citizen
* It is important to note that should an individual with "ILR" remain absent from the UK for 2 consecutive years, the ILR status is likely to lapse.
What are the Requirements for UK Settlement?
Eligibility for settlement depends on the type of visa that you currently have in the UK.
There are 3 types of visa of which you need one before you can apply:
- If you have a visa that already provides you with 'settled status' in the UK, you can apply for settlement after 2 years of continuous lawful residence under rules in force under the 'old' immigration rules or 5 years of continuous lawful residence under the 'new' immigration rules. These visas would include a spouse, unmarried partner, civil partner visa. Click here to progress your application now; or
- If you have a 'worker visa', you can apply for settlement after 5 years of continuous lawful residence. Click here to progress your application now.
- Long Residence Rule - This rule enables individuals to become settled in the UK after either 10 years lawful continuous residence or 20 years unlawful continuous residence subject to requirements.
Benefits of Choosing UK Migration Lawyers
- Same day visa services ensuring your passport is endorsed within 24 hours
- Extremely high success rate in these type's of cases
- Fixed fees so you stay in control
- Direct access to qualified solicitors - with in-depth experience
- Specialist solicitors who can get the application right the first time
- Succeeded in complex cases where others have failed
- Helped hundreds of individuals & families settle in the UK, many of whom go on to become British citizens
- Free consultation with a specialist solicitor to assess your eligibility, avoid disappointment and wasted fees
- Wealth of experience and knowledge as to the best way forward for you and your family.
Call now to speak to an immigration specialist on 0203 001 2059
Should you need an in depth consultation, consultations are charged at £250 for 30 minutes. There is no VAT if you do not currently have settlement status or British Citizenship.
** this is dependent on whether the same day service is available for a particular category by the home office.